[mcclim-devel] McCLIM 2.0 in 2008

Rainer Joswig joswig at lisp.de
Wed Jan 16 03:18:11 UTC 2008

I think one also should look whether the implemented facilities are
usable (look and feel also) and correctly drawn.

Are the implemented gadgets working?

How about menus, choices, accepting values dialogs, etc?

Is incremental updating working?

Is there enough error checking and reporting in define-application-
frame? This macro created great frustrations among CLIM users (buggy,
poor error checking, non-obvious effects, poor overall robustness).
Make mistake and you had to restart the App, or the whole Lisp. I'm
not saying that McCLIN has these problems, but it should checked.