[mcclim-devel] status of mcclim

C Y smustudent1 at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 13 04:47:15 UTC 2008

--- Jan Brosius <jan.brosius at skynet.be> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I would like to use mcclim for making applications (exercises in
> Common Lisp) with sbcl. I looked around on the website. But some
> things are still not clear to me. So I have some questions about
> mcclim's status.
>
> Is mcclim built entirely on top of CLX?

The primary backend is CLX.

> Is there a gtk backend for clx (other than motif)?

Um.  I think there is come confusion here.  CLX IS a backend for McCLIM
(or it can be used directly if you want to work at that level.)  There
is a backend for McCLIM that uses (in part) GTK named gtkairo.

> Is mcclim in alpha stage?

Debatable.  Certainly applications use it (see Gsharp).  That one is
probably best answered by the devs.

CY