[mcclim-devel] IN-PACKAGE not defined in CLIM package

Troels Henriksen athas at sigkill.dk
Fri Jan 11 18:21:49 UTC 2008

Andreas Davour <ante at Update.UU.SE> writes:

> Since it USE's COMMON-LISP and it's the package SBCL puts me in with
> the REPL I kind of figured it was the most appropriate choice to use
> in my own packages. I wonder if it used to work in some other
> implementation.

CL-USER is a package that USEs COMMON-LISP, not a package that exports
the symbols of COMMON-LISP. I don't think CL demands that CL-USER
doesn't export any symbols, so it's possible some implementations
decide to make it export interesting things.

> BTW, this would be a good thing to note in a tutorial or best
> prectices for package management, if someone is about to write
> one...

Here's another good thing to know, in case you want to write CLIM
applications: don't USE the COMMON-LISP package, USE the CLIM-LISP
package instead. You still have to USE the CLIM package and anything
else you're interested in.

--
\  Troels
/\ Henriksen