[mcclim-devel] cpu constantly at 99% with just a simple GUI open

Dietrich Bollmann diresu at web.de
Mon Feb 18 13:09:23 UTC 2008

Hi,

I build a very small GUI based on the calculator example.
But when starting the GUI the CPU is constantly at 99%.

Is this normal?
Is there some configuration option to get a different behaviour?
Does McCLIM use some kind of polling internally?
And is there some hope that this might change in the future?

Some day I would like to experiment with some realtime application and a
busy CPU probably wouldn't be something good :)

Thank you,
Dietrich

By the way:  Rick Taube, the author of "lambda-gtk" and "common music"
recently seemed to have switched from lambda-gtk to a C++ based gui
(using "juce") which seems to communicate with his lisp code via a
socket.  I suppose that his main reason was the audio functionality
which is part of "juce" and the possibility to easily use the same code
for Windows, Mac and Linux.  But another reason might have been a better
realtime behaviour compared to the lambda-gtk gui.  Would this be a
better way to go?