[mcclim-devel] Reinstate #\: as command-dispatcher

Christophe Rhodes csr21 at cantab.net
Thu Feb 7 10:42:12 UTC 2008

Rudi Schlatte <rudi at constantly.at> writes:

> The description of *command-dispatchers* at the bottom of
> http://www.stud.uni-karlsruhe.de/~unk6/clim-spec/27-6.html#_1436 is
> quite clear: #\:  must be included.

... in the standard set.

> I'd like to commit the attached
> patch, but based on my recent track record I figured it would be
> better to ask first.

I don't think that the passage you refer to is strong enough to
mandate #\:'s presence in *command-dispatchers* for all applications,
of which the Listener is one; instead, I think it means that programs
can rely on the global value of *command-dispatchers* having #\:.

I can see that there might be a problem in launching (without threads)
another CLIM application from the listener, which would then have a
surprising value of *command-dispatchers*; is this the case you're
trying to address?

Cheers,

Christophe