[mcclim-devel] [bug] Asynchronous ID-CHOICE-ERROR -- CLX or McCLIM?

Nikodemus Siivola nikodemus at random-state.net
Fri Aug 22 16:32:56 UTC 2008

On Fri, Aug 22, 2008 at 6:30 PM, Christophe Rhodes <csr21 at cantab.net> wrote:
> "Nikodemus Siivola" <nikodemus at random-state.net> writes:
>
>> Was able to reproduce here, though it took something like 30 minutes.
>>
>>> Can you run
>>>
>>> (let ((display (xlib:open-default-display)))
>>>  (values (xlib::display-resource-id-mask display)
>>>          (xlib::display-resource-id-base display)))
>>
>> In the image where I had just duplicated the error, while in the debugger:
>>
>> 2097151
>> 10485760
>
> Please tell me you saved the exact error message and can now add that
> piece of information... in particular, I'm interested in the hex
> number that is reported as part of the id-choice error.

I did not, but here are the results from a new run:

Received CLX ID-CHOICE-ERROR in process NIL

debugger invoked on a XLIB:ID-CHOICE-ERROR:
  Asynchronous ID-CHOICE-ERROR in request 10247 (last request was
10248)  Code 55.0 [CreateGC] ID #x800002

Type HELP for debugger help, or (SB-EXT:QUIT) to exit from SBCL.

restarts (invokable by number or by possibly-abbreviated name):
  0: [CONTINUE ] Ignore
  1: [TRY-AGAIN] Try executing the command COM-STRESS again
  2: [ABORT    ] Return to application command loop
  3:             Exit debugger, returning to top level.

(XLIB::X-CERROR "Ignore" XLIB:ID-CHOICE-ERROR)[:EXTERNAL]
0] (let ((display (xlib:open-default-display)))
     (values (xlib:display-resource-id-mask display)
             (xlib:display-resource-id-base display)))

2097151
10485760
0]

I'm keeping the session alive, so let me know if you need anything else.

Cheers,

 -- Nikodemus