[mcclim-devel] Crude multilingual input: CLX meets XKB's body parts.

Samium Gromoff _deepfire at feelingofgreen.ru
Wed Aug 13 05:59:18 UTC 2008

From: Kalyanov Dmitry <kalyanov.dmitry at gmail.com>
> В сообщении от Monday 23 June 2008 10:33:09 Christophe Rhodes написал(а):
> > Samium Gromoff <_deepfire at feelingofgreen.ru> writes:
> > > What it does?
> > >
> > > 1. CLX part
> > >
> > > First, it tells CLX to ask the X server to enable XKEYBOARD.
> > > This part wants to be performed conditionally, depending on the
> > > extension's existence, obviously, which I skipped.
> > >
> > > Next, it defines keysym -> CL character mappings for the
> > > Cyrillic part of Unicode.
> >
> > OK, this looks cool.  (The conditional bit shouldn't be hard; take a
> > look a the BIG-REQUESTS bit.)
> >
> > My understanding about XKEYBOARD is that a stylish CLX implementation
> > of it would hook into a few more things than just keycode->keysym.  I
> > have read the XKEYBOARD spec several times, and each time I seem to
> > forget almost instantly the details :-/
>
> Is there any work being done on those pathces to include them in mcclim?

Not by me -- despite the obvious part of it being trivial, I've had,
and am continuing to have, an extremely busy period in my life. It's not
that this guarantees no work being done on my part, just the uncertainty
of when it happens.

Nice to have a reminder, though, I've had it preempted out of my head..

regards, Samium Gromoff