[mcclim-devel] Re: Redisplay and pixmaps

Sascha Wilde wilde at sha-bang.de
Tue Aug 12 11:08:21 UTC 2008

Кальянов Дмитрий <kalyanov.dmitry at gmail.com> wrote:
> В сообщении от Monday 11 August 2008 13:24:19 Sascha Wilde написал(а):
>> Sascha Wilde <wilde at sha-bang.de> wrote:
>>
>> Sorry, send the last message to early per accident, here are the missing
>>
>> questions:
>> > BUT: The string "Redisplay #1" _is_ redrawn, so some more low level part
>> > of CLIM knows that a redraw is needed and does that for the text send to
>> > the standard output stream.
>> >
>> > So two questions:
>>
>> 1. What do I have to do, so that the display-function is called _every
>>    time_ a redisplay is needed?
>>
>> 2. Is there a better way to ensure that the picture is redisplayed
>>    whenever needed, maybe even that magical es done with the text?
>>

> There is a :display-time initarg for panes. It controls when
> the :display-function is called.

I know, but I didn't find an arg to :display-time which did what I
wanted (actually I had a hard time finding any useful documentation at
the possible values).

> But, there is a handle-repaint method (which is a part of Sheet Repaint
> Protocol) that does the repaint.

Indeed,

(defmethod handle-repaint ((pane application-pane) region)
  (redraw-gfx *application-frame* pane))

does what I want.  Thanks for pushing me into the right direction!

cheers
sascha
--
Sascha Wilde

"There is no reason why anyone would want a computer in their home"
Ken Olson, DEC, 1977