[mcclim-devel] More power to Drei

Christophe Rhodes csr21 at cantab.net
Sun Nov 11 08:58:18 UTC 2007

Troels Henriksen <athas at sigkill.dk> writes:

> Christophe Rhodes <csr21 at cantab.net> writes:
>
>> * being able to use Chord Ontology syntax in a buffer, where there is
>>   no parse per se, but the buffer is lexed according to the token
>>   syntax.
>
> I don't understand this. How would you have a buffer syntax with "no
> parse per se"?

Sorry, I meant that there would be no parse for the buffer beyond a
sequence of tokens.

>> Is this sensible, worthwhile, possible, easy?  I would have thought
>> that we would have essentially all the components already, and it was
>> a matter of gluing them together, but maybe I'm forgetting a snag?
>
> I would think this is possible, we already have a state machine,
> cl-automaton, I think it can be adapted for this purpose.

OK, good.

(Annoyingly, I realised after I posted that some of the mini languages
that I have a need to support include elements that are not regular:
the common case is properly-nesting balanced comments.  I don't know
the capabilities of cl-automaton; can it represent such things?)

Cheers,

Christophe