[mcclim-devel] Two questions about McCLIM

Troels Henriksen athas at sigkill.dk
Tue Mar 6 07:36:06 UTC 2007

Robert Goldman <rpgoldman at real-time.com> writes:

> Is this a bug?

Yes. The presentations you see are simply ones created by Drei as part
of redisplay (so they are also strings in Climacs, for example). I
don't know if the CLIM spec explicitly requires previous input to be
presented as the relevant presentation type, but I agree it would be a
nice feature.

> Should the command name somehow be recognizable as a command name?  And
> if so, how might this be accomplished?

You need some way of telling Drei that you want the entire output to
be presented as some given type. I don't know how it could be handled
in Goatee. Another option is to remove the input-editor output after
the actual output session is done with and just present the accept
result, but then you would lose such things as the Drei-provided
syntax-highlighting for previous input of Lisp forms.

--
\  Troels
/\ Henriksen