[mcclim-devel] Tooltip stuff

David Lichteblau david at lichteblau.com
Sun Jul 15 12:44:03 UTC 2007

Quoting Fred Gilham (gilham at csl.sri.com):
> A few weeks ago I posted some code to do tooltips.  I now have a new
> version that is more intelligent about placing the tooltip.

In a CLIM listener pane that is scrolled down, the tooltips appear at
weird positions (output record at the bottom, tooltip at the top).
Without scrolling it works fine.

> Nobody responded to my previous message so I'm wondering if anyone is
> interested in this.  It's not particularly "CLIM-y" I suppose.

Looks like a useful example.  Perhaps something that should be available
through demodemo as port of a complete application?

> I've noticed issues with McCLIM's erasing stuff before.  Running
> Abigail, for example, and running the test function from the menu, it
> leaves all kinds of cruft on the screen that it doesn't in Allegro.

Fix checked in, please test!

d.