[mcclim-devel] Problem with scrolling windows and repainting

Troels Henriksen athas at sigkill.dk
Wed Jan 24 16:59:09 UTC 2007

"Robert P. Goldman" <rpgoldman at sift.info> writes:

> I have a problem with scrolling not properly syncing with repaint, I
> believe.  See the picture at
> http://rpgoldman.real-time.com/inspector-bug.png
> that shows that I can (in Clouseau, the CLIM inspector) scroll off to
> the right into what looks like space that is never painted, and so is
> just gray emptiness.

Yes, this is an ancient[1] bug. Sometimes, you can make it resize the
sheet properly by forcing a redisplay (just click anywhere in
Clouseau), sometimes you can't. Clouseau seems to trigger it reliably,
but I recall seeing it in other applications too.

[1] It has existed at least since I first tried McCLIM.

--
\  Troels "Athas"
/\ Henriksen