[mcclim-devel] mcclim 0.9.4 freeze

Troels Henriksen athas at sigkill.dk
Thu Jan 11 13:32:49 UTC 2007

> Hi there,
>
> reliable sources tell me that it's time for another release. The next
> holiday is jan 14th, the Orthodox New Year, and I'd like to release
> 0.9.4 on this day.

"McCLIM 0.9.4 Orthodox New Year"?

> This mail marks the start of the freeze period. Please test as
> aggressively as you can, and keep changes to the core of mcclim to a
> minimum (of course, documentation improvements are always welcome).

It may be necessary to turn Drei off by default, as there are still some
somewhat-serious problems:

* Reader macros are poorly handled by the Lisp syntax, leading to possible
Listener breakage.
* Delimiter gestures do not work properly for some reason (rtoy has been
affected by this).
* Sometimes, Lisp syntax is not properly enabled when the input buffer is
changed via the presentation history or similar.
* Sometimes, Drei will move its output record when stuff is inserted. I
*suspect* this is not the same bug as the one triggered by Closure.

Apart from that, great! There's been quite a bunch of changes over the last
months, so it's a good time to do a release I think.