[mcclim-devel] presentation example from docs

Troels Henriksen athas at sigkill.dk
Sun Feb 11 00:24:24 UTC 2007

Cyrus Harmon <ch-mcclim at bobobeach.com> writes:

> Also, the arguments prompting thing in general just feels really
> hokey. Lots of little bugs. I imagine they could be cleaned up, but
> this is one of thing that scared me away from mcclim initially and I
> imagine others might feel similarly. Not to be too negative, but I
> want to 1) point it out and 2) learn enough so that I might be able
> to do something about it.

Indeed, it's all very brittle. Unfortunately, it's hard to write
something more robust because you're not (theoretically) allowed to
associate any state with the input-editing-stream that cannot be
inferred from the buffer contents. I tried to put a limit on the
foot-shooter ammunition by preventing the user from editing previous
input in Drei, but numerous protests suggest that this might not be a
good idea. :-)

I hope someone can figure out how to write something robust on top of
the input-editing-stream protocol, because from a programmer
perspective, the idea of treating input editing as stream I/O is
pretty cool and neat (and makes writing accept methods quite nice).

--
\  Troels
/\ Henriksen