[mcclim-devel] stupid newbie question re: initializing text-field

Paul Werkowski pw at snoopy.mv.com
Fri Sep 29 22:38:41 UTC 2006

| I only tried this under Linux (CentOS 4.4) on a relatively recent SBCL
| (0.9.14 RPM), using a relatively recent McCLIM (CVS updated approx
| Sept 15th).  If anybody would please suggest further experiments, I
| would carry them out post-haste.

Assuming you really meant this (whre INSTANCE is used instead of FRAME
in (find-pane-named ...)

(defmethod run-frame-top-level :before ((instance test-frame) &key)
  (setf (gadget-value (find-pane-named instance 'tester))
 "this doesn't"))

This does what you expected in Lispworks CLIM. I've used this sort of
initialization
many times.

Paul