[mcclim-devel] Re: Debugging tips

Nikodemus Siivola nikodemus at random-state.net
Fri Sep 15 07:15:18 UTC 2006

John Connors <johnc at yagc.ndo.co.uk> writes:

> How do I maximise the debuggability of mcclim? I'm going back to my
> mcclim texture generator app, this time using the gtk backend, hoping to
>  stress it a bit. I'm using sbcl-0.9.16. & SLIME
>
> Does anyone have any debugging tips? Is there a strategic point in the
> code where I can proclaim (debug 3) and get the whole of mcclim compiled
> with debug info...?

This is general SBCL information, not McCLIM information, but so it goes:

(declaim (optimize (debug 3) (compilation-speed 3))) in your
.sbclrc or in the repl. DO NOT LEAVE OUT THE COMPILATION-SPEED for
now: otherwise SBCL will create more debug inforation than you really
wan't for something the size of McCLIM -- this will hopefully change
sooon, but for the moment that's the way it goes.

If you do the declaim in a file, it will affect that file after the
point of declamation, but nothing else.

Cheers,

  -- Nikodemus              Schemer: "Buddha is small, clean, and serious."
                   Lispnik: "Buddha is big, has hairy armpits, and laughs."