[mcclim-devel] Repainting of shrinking windows?

Clemens Fruhwirth clemens at endorphin.org
Sun Sep 10 19:29:49 UTC 2006

At Sun, 10 Sep 2006 08:54:36 -0400,
Daniel Katz <dpkatz at gmail.com> wrote:

> Clearly, the "shrink window" event is not being acted on for
> recentering purposes.  But is this a bug in McClim (i.e., it should be
> repainting on shrink but is not), or is it a bug in the Mac OS X
> X11.app (i.e., it should be sending some sort of message on shrink
> but is
> not) or is it my misunderstanding (i.e., I should be adding some code
> to get the repaint to activate on shrink, and I have not done so)?

I think McCLIM acts alright to not send repaint events as no window
damage is reported.

To fix this, Hello World should also listen to the
window-configuration-event.

(defmethod handle-event ((pane hello-world-pane) (event window-configuration-event))
  (handle-repaint paint +everwhere+))

..I hope +everywhere+ is the correct constant for the everywhere
region..

So maybe add a mental rule (and/or as footnote to the Hello World
example): whenever the content of a window is dependend on the window
size and we are using handle-repaint, remember to trigger this repaint
also on a window-configuration-event.
--
Fruhwirth Clemens - http://clemens.endorphin.org
for robots: sp4mtrap at endorphin.org