[mcclim-devel] Patch: Update support for the Scieneer CL.

Douglas Crosher dtc at scieneer.com
Sun Oct 29 00:19:29 UTC 2006

Andreas Fuchs wrote:
> Douglas Crosher wrote:
>> * Update support for the Scieneer CL.
>
> Thanks! I committed this patch and the "Fix system pathnames" and "add
> the stopwatch example" patches.

Thank you.

> One comment from David Lichteblau on #lisp (see
> http://www.ircbrowse.com/channel/lisp/20061028?utime=3371045114#utime_requested
> for context): Setting floating point traps in def-cairo-fun is probably
> not right; it might be better to do it in with-cairo-floats. I left it
> as it the way your patch does it and added a small explanation for
> people trying to understand the code.

Thank you for pointing this out.  The attached patch implements 'with-cairo-floats
for the SCL and also CMUCL.

> I'm not certain about the symbol name case patches (on the basis of
> hugeness and maintainability), so I will leave them out for this
> release. I hope leaving them out doesn't discourage you from sending
> more of your high-quality patches. I would like to find a solution that
> makes all users (including the ones of "modern mode" lisps) happy, but
> right now I   prefer to get that release done before we fall back to
> 1-year time slots. (-:

'Modern mode' is a Franz term and may be trademark.  Some customers
prefer the ANSI CL symbol names in lower case, and I'll just call it a
non-standard lower case mode, and the SCL supports this as an option.  Since
the changes are all neutral in ANSI upper case mode it would seem harmless to
integrate them, and they have been developed and continue to be supported by
Scieneer.  Further I believe Franz offer ACL for free evaluation and this
could be used to maintain McCLIM support for these changes.  The modified source
code is available from the SCL freeware collection, and ACL modern mode patches
are also welcome, see:
http://www.scieneer.com/s/product.html?code=56150

Regards
Douglas Crosher