[mcclim-devel] Patch: Rename key name symbols for support of lower case mode CL variants.

Christophe Rhodes csr21 at cantab.net
Wed Oct 18 07:25:40 UTC 2006

Douglas Crosher <dtc at scieneer.com> writes:

> * Rename key name symbols for support of lower case mode CL variants.

Instead of these huge diffs, would it be possible instead to bind a
variable (did I see ext:*case-mode*?) so that SCL is in ANSI mode
while compiling and loading McCLIM?  (Probably this ought to be done
for plain old vanilla ANSI-conforming treatment of reader case, too,
as I suspect that McCLIM wouldn't build if the lisp has an exotic
readtable-case such as :invert)

The disadvantage that I see in merging support for non-ANSI treatment
of case is that it is terribly easy to break by writing regular
ANSI-conforming Lisp; it doesn't feel robust to me.  (I would also
like to encourage people who work on cut-and-pasted copies of files to
find some way of unifying the information in those files;
CLX/keysymdefs.lisp and gtkairo/keysymdefs.lisp are identical apart
from the package header.)

Cheers,

Christophe