[mcclim-devel] more clisp/win32 issues

Jack Unrue jdunrue at gmail.com
Tue Nov 21 22:38:08 UTC 2006

Here are a few more issues I've encountered trying to load McCLIM on
CLISP / Win32.

There are two places in the .asd file where the :file component :name value
is given as a two-part path expression. CLISP complains:

MAKE-PATHNAME: illegal :NAME argument "Goatee/presentation-history"
   [Condition of type SIMPLE-ERROR]

and

MAKE-PATHNAME: illegal :NAME argument "Looks/pixie"
   [Condition of type SIMPLE-ERROR]

Goatee/goatee-command.lisp fails to compile specifically on CLISP /
Win32 because
#\Delete is not defined (but it is for CLISP on Unix). The same character value
can be obtained with #\Rubout. More info here:

http://www.podval.org/~sds/clisp/impnotes/char-platform-dep.html

I suppose the next problem is better reported on the flexichain mailing list,
but while I've got your attention...flexichain/utilities.lisp has an
EVAL-WHEN form that uses :evaluate which is not supported on CLISP:

;; Compiling file
C:\projects\third_party\asdf-repo\flexichain\utilities.lisp ...
ERROR in lines 66..93 :
EVAL-WHEN situation must be :LOAD-TOPLEVEL, :COMPILE-TOPLEVEL or
:EXECUTE, but not :EVALUATE

The reason why I'm bothering you all with these issues, rather than just using
SBCL, is that the combination of SBCL, Slime, and Graphic-Forms is not working
due to an as yet unresolved issue with window creation. If you're subscribed to
either slime-devel or sbcl-devel then you've seen the problem report.
Interestingly,
I see the same problem with gtkairo. But CLISP works great for me, so
I thought it
would be worth some time looking into this stuff.

--
Jack Unrue