[mcclim-devel] Drei dependency problem on clisp

Troels Henriksen athas at sigkill.dk
Tue Nov 21 11:56:08 UTC 2006

"Jack Unrue" <jdunrue at gmail.com> writes:

> I found a small issue with the :depends-on form for :drei-mcclim
> when trying to load the latest mcclim on clisp 2.41. Drei uses #. in
> :depends-on to try to define a dependency on swank if it's
> loaded. Unfortunately on clisp, this results in nil rather than no
> value. I'm seeing this error:

Argh, I guess I need to change that to pushing a
mcclim.system::use-swank symbol onto *FEATURES*, which is what I was
trying to avoid in the first place. Or perhaps the (values) can
replaced with something that will be loaded anyway, such as
:flexichain? The best solution is, of course, to get Swank (it should
work on CLISP). :-)

> There was discussion on c.l.l. about the behavior of the reader macro function
> in this regard, see the thread started by Pascal Bourguignon:
>
> http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.lisp/msg/6d137dca962cfaf4?hl=en&

I think that my interpretation of how #.(values) should be treated is
the most useful one, but I acknowledge that it's undefined by the
spec, and we thus shouldn't use it.

--
\  Troels "Athas"
/\ Henriksen