[mcclim-devel] making freetype more portable

David Lichteblau david at lichteblau.com
Fri May 26 13:46:22 UTC 2006

Quoting David Lichteblau (david at lichteblau.com):
> If I understand correctly, clim-freetype handles two problems: Selecting
> fonts through freetype.  And actually drawing text.

FWIW, that wasn't entirely correct.  Font selection would go through
fontconfig, not freetype.  clim-freetype doesn't seem to have anything
to offer in this regard, it only does some run-shell-command thing to
query fontconfig.

> It would be nice to translate the clim-freetype code for font selection
> from alien to cffi and adapt it for gtkairo.

... so what gtkairo needs, especially for the Windows port, is actually
Pango support for font selection.

d.