[mcclim-devel] freetype-cffi sorta works

Robert P. Goldman rpgoldman at real-time.com
Thu May 25 15:54:18 UTC 2006

I have the CFFI translation of freetype working at least a little (on ACL).
I am certainly NOT confident enough in it to say it ought to replace the
old one!  But I would like to share the work, and I would like to see it
out there on common-lisp.net for people to examine and critique.
Here's what I have done:  I have created shadows of all the original
files.  So I have freetype-fonts-cffi.lisp, freetype-cffi.lisp,
freetype-package-cffi.lisp and mcclim-freetype-cffi.asd.
I would like to check these into the CVS, since they will not break the
existing mcclim-freetype.  If you'd like to test the CFFI version, just
symlink <asdf-system-dir>/mcclim-freetype.asd to
mcclim-freetype-cffi.asd, then load as per the instructions for ordinary
mcclim-freetype.asd.

Please let me know if this for some reason would be a bad thing.
Otherwise I will make the commit in about 4-6 hours.

Thanks!