[mcclim-devel] mcclim destorys clx on ACL 6.2

Timothy Moore moore at bricoworks.com
Fri May 5 08:54:58 UTC 2006

Max-Gerd Retzlaff wrote:
> Hello
>
> On Thu, May 04, 2006 at 07:38:49PM -0700, Mike McDonald wrote:
>>> Of course, it would be nice to not require the X server to run without
>>> "--nolisten tcp" but this patch breaks the whole CLX (not only for
>>> mcclim) on my system.
>>   No, it'd be really nice if psuedo security weenies wouldn't break
>> the standard X configuration!! (Can you tell I have an opinion on this
>> subject?)

I was pretty upset to discover this behavior, which is why I wrote the
patch that is breaking ACL 6.2. I've submitted the patch to Franz, but
until it is integrated into their CLX I'd like to keep it in McCLIM. It
is the User-Friendly(tm) thing to do. I'll fix up the read-time
conditional so that it doesn't break old versions of ACL and on Windows.

Tim