[mcclim-devel] mcclim destorys clx on ACL 6.2

Max-Gerd Retzlaff m.retzlaff at gmx.net
Thu May 4 09:49:34 UTC 2006

Hello,

On Wed, May 03, 2006 at 08:34:06PM -0700, Mike McDonald wrote:
>   "Doesn't work" is NOT a very helpful discription! Any error
> messages? Dumps core? Returns to the prompt without doing anything?

Ah, yes, of course. There are no error messages. If I call
(xlib::just-say-lisp "") the CLX window is just not displayed. The
repl waits as if the application worked as wanted, and after I aborted
it I can still use the image.  Of course, the same behaviour holds for
the mcclim applications: Their window just don't get drawn.  I only
mention the more simple CLX demo as it works before I load McCLIM
(with (asdf:oos 'asdf:load-op :mcclim)), and afterwards it does not.

I use the CLX that comes with ACL 6.2. (And this worked until I updated
mcclim on yesterday; older lisp images with mcclim still work as desired.)

Sorry for my repetition of the not helpful "doesn't work". Bye,
Max

--
Max-Gerd Retzlaff <m.retzlaff at gmx.net>       http://blog.matroid.org

For your amusement:
I give you the man who -- the man who -- uh, I forgets the man who?
		-- Beauregard Bugleboy