[mcclim-devel] New mcclim.asd: please test!

Andreas Fuchs asf at boinkor.net
Thu Mar 30 20:40:44 UTC 2006

Hi all,

You all probably had to delete your .fasls at some point in the past,
because somebody updated setf-star.lisp in the past, and asdf doesn't
track rebuilds across defsystem boundaries.

I just wrote a new (and more precise, cooler) asdf compile-time
dependency groveler, and used it to merge the four systems that make
up mcclim's core: :clim, :clim-lisp, :clim-core and :goatee-core. Now,
all the components are in one system, and dependencies should be
correctly tracked again. - Deleting .fasl files should be a thing of
the past. (:

The new system definition uncovered two bugs in mcclim already, which
were masked by randomly "good" build order. (-:

So, here's the new mcclim.asd.  It's a drop-in replacement for the
mcclim.asd in CVS. Please replace the mcclim.asd in your checkout with
this one, and report your results to the list. To give a useful
report, I'll have to ask you to delete your fasl files one last time,
though. (: