[mcclim-devel] Copying conditions of some McCLIM parts?

Milan Zamazal pdm at zamazal.org
Mon Mar 27 10:42:51 UTC 2006

I package McCLIM for Debian and there are some parts in the distribution
tarball with unclear copyright and copying conditions.  Unfortunately I
don't have time to investigate all the affected files, so I mostly
remove them from the Debian package, but there are some significant
parts which I would like to get clarified:

- The McCLIM manual by Robert Strandh in the Doc/ directory.

- The contents of the Test/ directory.

Could you please clarify whether these parts are covered by the general
McCLIM LGPL COPYING statement?

Additionally, I consider the following source files to be covered by the
general COPYING statement, as they seem to be integral parts of McCLIM:

- The files package.lisp and patch.lisp in the top-level directory.

- Backends/CLX/package.lisp
  Backends/Null/package.lisp
  Backends/PostScript/standard-metrics.lisp

- The contents of the Experimental/freetype/ directory.

- Goatee/editable-area.lisp

- The contents of the Lisp-Dep/ directory.

And finally, not all files in Apps/Inspector/ and Apps/Listener/ contain
the copying statement, but as the crucial ones there do, I assume they
are all LGPLed.

Would you please add the standard copying headers to all those files to
avoid future confusion?

Thank you.

Regards,

Milan Zamazal