[mcclim-devel] Scigraph's DWIM layer

Clemens Fruhwirth clemens at endorphin.org
Mon Mar 13 15:44:06 UTC 2006

I'm interested in using Scigraph for generating histograms, but atm
scigraph isn't in a good shape. The compatiblity layer for DWIM
generates about 5-8 compile warnings (depends whether one is compiling
to a fresh image or an image already containing dwim).

I would like to ask what's the future of the compatiblity layer. We have
a lot read-time conditionals for genera or clim 0.9/1 in the dwim
files. I'm pondering to remove these conditionals, as mcclim isn't
clim-0.9 nor clim-1. Also there are some hacks for non-ansi CL
environments. I'm temped to remove them too as I would have to wrap
those things in #-ansi-cl. But that's not really useful anyway, as
mcclim is ansi-cl.

So what about that: DWIM as contained in the mcclim repository is a
compatiblity layer for running dynamic window code on mcclim (and only
on mcclim) in an ANSI CL environment.

With a definition as above I could kick out ~25% of the DWIM
code. Opinions?
--
Fruhwirth Clemens - http://clemens.endorphin.org
for robots: sp4mtrap at endorphin.org