[mcclim-devel] McCLIM/CLX on MacOS X

Christophe Rhodes csr21 at cam.ac.uk
Sun Jun 18 08:05:40 UTC 2006

"Christopher Johnson" <christopher.a.johnson at gmail.com> writes:

> Working through the hello-world example in "A guided tour of CLIM 2006", I get an error.
> I think I need to do more CLX setup for MacOS X, but I'm unsure how to proceed.  The error
> is below.  Any help would be appreciated.
> The value NIL is not of type NUMBER.
>    [Condition of type TYPE-ERROR]
> Restarts:
>   0: [ABORT-REQUEST] Abort handling SLIME request.
>   1: [ABORT] Exit debugger, returning to top level.
> Backtrace:
>   0: (CLIM-CLX::PARSE-CLX-SERVER-PATH #<unavailable argument>)

You probably don't have a $DISPLAY variable set in your shell / lisp
process.  Are you running X11.app?  If not, that's the first mistake;
if so, then either running your lisp or emacs from the xterm (as
opposed to Terminal.app) or exporting DISPLAY=0.0 from your shell
before starting your lisp should help.

Cheers,

Christophe