[mcclim-devel] DEFINE-APPLCATION-STARTER and a modified Clim Launcher

Troels Henriksen athas at sigkill.dk
Tue Jan 24 15:03:00 UTC 2006

Generally, I think your idea is very cool. A standardized way to start
applications (apart from `run-frame-toplevel') would be highly
useful. I do, however, have a request:

Max-Gerd Retzlaff <m.retzlaff at gmx.net> writes:

>    Clim Launcher
>
> Together with the Launcher by Dwight Holman there is an additional
> benefit: The macro can announce the created starter to it. So that
> if you use it to define the function that fires up your GUI it will
> automatically displayed in the Clim Launcher.

This functionality should not be wired to a specific launcher
program. Instead, McCLIM should maintain an *application-entry-points*
alist that maps application names to functions. Thereby, any
CLIM-application will be able to retrieve a list of the programs
available. This would also open for the possibility of creating
alternative launcher programs.

--
\  Troels "Athas" Henriksen
/\ sigkill.dk/blog (Danish)