[mcclim-devel] Writing single-line strings to clim-stream-panes

Troels Henriksen athas at sigkill.dk
Tue Feb 14 13:01:51 UTC 2006

Assume an instance of a standard clim-stream-pane with a width and
height of 0 respectively (though the issue concerns panes of all
sizes). If one prints a string *with* linebreaks to this pane, it will
properly resize itself to accommodate the text. If the string does
*not* include linebreaks, however, the pane will not be resized (and
thus, not be visible by the user). I consider this a bug.

A possible solution, and the one I have followed due to my lack of
insight into McCLIM internals, is to modify `seos-write-string' in
stream-output.lisp to call `change-space-requirements' on the pane
with a :min-height parameter of the height of the string being
printed. This does ensure that the pane is never too small to
accommodate the string, but it is certainly an ugly hack.

Does anyone else have a better solution?
--
\  Troels "Athas" Henriksen
/\ sigkill.dk/blog (Danish)