[mcclim-devel] Newbie problems with "accepting-values" / no method for CLIM:STREAM-CURSOR-POSITION

Timothy Moore moore at bricoworks.com
Wed Feb 1 17:49:34 UTC 2006

Peter Braroe wrote:
> Hello all!
>
> I am trying to get into mcCLIM to write a frontend to a text (news)
> analysis tool... I use CMUCL and have followed the INSTALL.CMU file and
> most of the demos work fine. But as I get down to it and start writing
> code to use  "accepting-values" for instance I get the message below. I
> also get it when running the demos so i assume that something is wrong
> with the environment... but what? It's probably something simple but I
> have tried to figgure it out for a lot of hours and some ideas would be
> greatly appreciated!

You can only call CLIM input/output functions with CLIM streams as
arguments, so you can't use them interactively in a SLIME buffer or at
the command line. I should add that of course you can launch CLIM
applications there. However, you can do interactive CLIM experiments
(very productive!) with the Lisp Listener application in the Apps directory.

Tim