[mcclim-devel] Re: Another gsharp+gtkairo error, plus good news

Thomas Persson thomas at spacecentre.se
Sun Dec 3 13:25:41 UTC 2006

C Y <smustudent1 at yahoo.com> writes:

> First, the good news - the notes now display very nicely with gtkairo!
> Yay!
>
> Now, the bug. Dunno what this one is about, but thought I'd report it:
>
> debugger invoked on a SIMPLE-ERROR in thread #<THREAD "initial thread"
> {B2982A9}
>>: status NO_MEMORY after call to cairo_select_font_face
>
> Type HELP for debugger help, or (SB-EXT:QUIT) to exit from SBCL.
>
> restarts (invokable by number or by possibly-abbreviated name):
>   0: [RETURN-TO-ESA] ESA::RETURN-TO-ESA
>   1: [ABORT        ] Exit debugger, returning to top level.
>
> (CLIM-GTKAIRO::ASSERT-FONT-STATUS #.(SB-SYS:INT-SAP #X080A25A0)
> "cairo_select_fo
> nt_face")
> 0]
>
> This came after trying to open 2 files - bach181.gsh (successful) and
> then bach181-lyrics.gsh (above).  A retest confirms it happens when
> starting with just bach181-lyrics.gsh
>
> aborting and trying to re-start gsharp without restarting sbcl triggers
> the same error immediately on startup.
>
> Cheers, and thanks!
>
> CY

I notice the same error with gtkairo when trying to output a non ascii
character to a pane so that's probably what gsharp is trying to
do. The following code should trigger it:

(define-application-frame test ()
  ()
  (:panes
   (app :application
        :display-function (lambda (frame pane)
                            (write-char #\LATIN_SMALL_LETTER_O_WITH_DIAERESIS
                                        pane))))
  (:layouts
   (default (vertically ()
              app))))

(run-frame-top-level (make-application-frame 'test))