[mcclim-devel] Severe performance regression with latest CVS sources?

Robert Strandh strandh at labri.fr
Mon Apr 10 18:13:51 UTC 2006

Hello,

Paolo Amoroso writes:
 > When I update my working copy of McCLIM's CVS sources, I do a quick
 > test to check that things still work fine.  I run the CLIM Listener
 > and evaluate a form that draws a monster graph:
 >
 >   (time (clim-listener::com-show-class-subclasses t))
 >
 > Until a few weeks ago, I got run times under 1 s (I seem to remember
 > about 0.7-0.8 s) with CMUCL under Slackware Linux 10.0.  With the
 > latest McCLIM CVS sources and CMUCL Snapshot 2006-02 (19C), I now get
 > times over 15 s, no matter whether I initialize multiprocessing with
 > (mp::startup-idle-and-top-level-loops) or not.
 >
 > Can anybody confirm this?

Most likely you have run into the same problem I did with Gsharp,
namely that output-record creation is now slower with tree-structured
output records.  You should be able to ask for a sequence output
record, or you can do what I did with Gsharp, namely organize the
output records into smaller hierarchical units.

Take care,
--
Robert Strandh