[mcclim-devel] Severe performance regression with latest CVS sources?

Paolo Amoroso amoroso at mclink.it
Mon Apr 10 12:17:42 UTC 2006

When I update my working copy of McCLIM's CVS sources, I do a quick
test to check that things still work fine.  I run the CLIM Listener
and evaluate a form that draws a monster graph:

  (time (clim-listener::com-show-class-subclasses t))

Until a few weeks ago, I got run times under 1 s (I seem to remember
about 0.7-0.8 s) with CMUCL under Slackware Linux 10.0.  With the
latest McCLIM CVS sources and CMUCL Snapshot 2006-02 (19C), I now get
times over 15 s, no matter whether I initialize multiprocessing with
(mp::startup-idle-and-top-level-loops) or not.

Can anybody confirm this?

Paolo
--
Lisp Propulsion Laboratory log - http://www.paoloamoroso.it/log