[mcclim-devel] (statusp cocoa-port)

Taylor Campbell campbell at mumble.net
Sun Oct 23 16:55:04 UTC 2005

   Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2005 09:56:19 +0100
   From: Duncan Rose <duncan at robotcat.demon.co.uk>

   I haven't tried McCLIM / Beagle / OpenMCL 1.0 together so I have no idea
   if it works or not. Perhaps somebody else has.

   Nor am I aware of any fixes that would sort out the problems running Beagle
   on Tiger throws out (last I heard Beagle did NOT work on 10.4).

I haven't tried OpenMCL 1.0, but Beagle definitely did work on Tiger,
at least until Christophe Rhodes introduced the TEXT-BOUNDING-RECTANGLE
stuff that broke it:

  <http://mumble.net/~campbell/images/mcclim-beagle-porn.png>

...although it took several tries and about an hour to make that image.
But it works, albeit very slowly and flakily.