[mcclim-devel] question about curves and formatting graphs

rpgoldman at real-time.com rpgoldman at real-time.com
Thu May 19 19:30:07 UTC 2005

If one wanted to draw curvy lines in McCLIM, is there any way of doing
this?  I had assumed, foolish me, that this could be done using Bezier
curves, but now I see that those were an Allegro extension to the
standard, and not part of CLIM 2.0....

I'm not much of a graphics person, and don't understand X very well,
so I was wondering --- is there anything about X itself that makes
drawing curved lines particularly difficult?

Also, has anyone been thinking about the possibility of dynamic
graphs?  I.e., graphs where one might want to enter leaves?  Or the
possibility of having a fixed graph where a user might move the nodes
around to make the graph more readable.  CLIM doesn't have any sort of
"smart link" object that would support this, does it?

Thanks,
Robert