[mcclim-devel] Debugger take III

Peter Mechlenborg metch at daimi.au.dk
Mon May 16 14:00:01 UTC 2005

Hi

I have made some new adjustments to the debugger.

I would like to get commit access, but until I've been granted that,
you can get the modified debugger the usual place:
www.daimi.au.dk/~metch/lisp/

Changes:

- Added a packages.lisp file for the package.

- Added an asd file. You should note that that it currently doesn't
   depend on swank because I had some troubles making it
   work. Therefore you have load Slime manually.

- Keyboard shortcuts: 0 - 9 chooses the current restart (like
   Slime). Up and down moves the pointer between the stack frames and
   local variables. Space opens a stack frame (enter in Slime). Enter
   starts Clouseau (I finally get the name :-)) on a local variable.

The biggest problem now, is that it is slow. I normally use sbcl, but
I tried Mcclim on cmucl and it seemed that it was quite a bit faster. I
think this has something to do with garbage collection, but that could
be way off. Do any of you know what causes the big differences between
sbcl cmucl?

Bye, and remember to have fun!

   --  Peter