[mcclim-devel] Problems in reading with :timeout

Tomi K Neste tomi.neste at netikka.fi
Mon May 2 09:39:13 UTC 2005

I'm having some newb confusion about the timeout value in stream input
functions, (read-gesture ...) etc.
(read-gesture :timeout 0) always just returns NIL, while timeout values >0
don't seem to have any effect at all. For example, in the Listener
(read-gesture :timeout 1) keeps blocking until some gesture is given.
Another source of confusion is the :input-wait-handler. From reading the
spec I got the idea that it should be called "continously" when there
isn't any input in the given stream, but it looks like the function is
never executed.
Are these real problems or am I just missing something obvious?