[mcclim-devel] problem building McCLIM mothering on Linux ACL 6.2

Andreas Fuchs asf at boinkor.net
Tue Mar 8 08:10:48 UTC 2005

Today, <rpgoldman at real-time.com> wrote:
> I have been able to build the clim-clx-user system (which loads
> clim) using the defsystem that comes in system.lisp for mcclim.  So
> it seems like the package problem I just reported is somehow in
> mcclim.asd, but not in system.lisp.
>
> If I find out any more, I'll report.

Oh. I should have been more explicit about that in the INSTALL.ASDF,
then.

On ACL6.2, you need to (require :clx) (as step 2 says) before you
(asdf:oos 'asdf:load-op :mcclim). Unfortunately, CLX doesn't come with
an ASDF system on ACL.

Perhaps we should make a clx-compat system that pulls in CLX the
traditional way (but is visible to ASDF for dependencies), like so:

(asdf:defsystem :mcclim-clx-compat)

(defmethod asdf:perform ((o asdf:load-op) (c (eql (asdf:find-system :mcclim-clx-compat))))
  #+acl (require :clx))

This could also help with the (require "carbon") requirement for the
beagle backend. What do you think?

--
Andreas Fuchs, <asf at boinkor.net>, asf at jabber.at, antifuchs