[mcclim-devel] incremental redisplay and with-first-quadrant-coordinates

Robert P. Goldman rpgoldman at sift.info
Tue Jun 28 14:18:49 UTC 2005

    DR> On Tuesday, June 28, 2005, at 01:37  pm, Paolo Amoroso wrote:

    >> Robert Strandh <strandh at labri.fr> writes:

[...snip...]

    DR> Perhaps I'm missing something fundamental regarding the facilities
    DR> offered
    DR> by other systems, I just can't think of much that needs adding
    DR> to CLIM.

This is perhaps off the topic a bit, but I think the graph-formatting
facilities could use an overhaul.  They don't seem to have been
written with much of an eye to permitting extensions (e.g.,
format-graph-from-roots doesn't have &allow-other-keys).

Another thing I'd like to see is some support for curved lines in the
drawing layer.  Franz CLIM seems to have this.

    DR> I think we'll just need an additional chapter or two rather
    DR> than a new spec. - this is the benefit of starting with a
    DR> 'mathematically complete' specification in the first place

Ouch.  I'm not sure I'd go THAT far.  Stacking the CLIM spec up next
to the CL spec does not make for a comparison that is to the advantage
of the CLIM spec...  I don't mean to complain --- obviously there were
far fewer resources to throw at the CLIM spec --- but I wouldn't call
it complete.

Best,