[mcclim-devel] FONT-ERROR in puzzle demo.

rpgoldman at real-time.com rpgoldman at real-time.com
Tue Jun 28 02:04:02 UTC 2005

    DG> When I try to start the puzzle demo through the Demodemo application,
    DG> I'm dropped in the debugger with the following error:

    DG> FONT-ERROR in current request  Code 47.0 [QueryFont] ID #x2C00188
    DG>    [Condition of type XLIB:FONT-ERROR]

    DG> Is this a problem on my end?

    DG> I'm using McCLIM CVS with SBCL 0.9.1 on an AMD64.

Odd.  I get a different error (Linux x86 with ACL 6.2) --- many of the
examples would crash because the classes weren't defined.  I modified
the :clim-examples definition in mcclim.asd to the following, and
things seemed to work better:

;;; CLIM-Examples depends on having at least one backend loaded.
(defsystem :clim-examples
    :depends-on (:clim :clim-looks)
    :components
    ((:module "Examples"
              :components
              ((:file "calculator")
               (:file "colorslider")
               (:file "address-book")
               (:file "traffic-lights")
               (:file "clim-fig")
               (:file "postscript-test")
               (:file "stream-test")
               (:file "presentation-test")
               #+clx (:file "gadget-test")
               (:file "accepting-values")
               (:file "method-browser")
	       (:file "puzzle")
	       (:file "dragndrop")))
     (:module "Goatee"
	      :components
	      ((:file :goatee-test)))))

Is this right?  Should there be some additional depends for the Goatee
module?

Best,