[mcclim-devel] #+unicode makes McCLIM not compile, #-unicode makes gadget-test-kr.lisp not compile.

Dirk Gerrits dirk at dirkgerrits.com
Tue Jun 28 00:24:54 UTC 2005

As the title says, if I don't have :unicode in *features*, then
Examples/gadget-test-kr.lisp won't compile.  It calls make-text-style
with 4 arguments in several places, when make-text-style only takes 3
arguments.

Having discovered that make-text-style /does/ take 4 arguments with
#+unicode, I tried to recompile McCLIM after (push :unicode *features*).
 (:sb-unicode was already in *features*)  This didn't work either:

compilation aborted because of fatal error:
  READ failure in COMPILE-FILE:
    READER-ERROR at 43712 (line 1046, column 88) on #<SB-SYS:FD-STREAM
for "file \"/home/dirk/lisp/mcclim/Backends/CLX/port.lisp\"" {1000F83EA1}>:
package "EXTERNAL-FORMAT" not found

Unicode support isn't important for me, but I was trying out the
Examples/*.lisp and came across this, so I just thought I'd let you know.

Kind regards,

Dirk Gerrits