[mcclim-devel] New fixes for package lock errors in listener compilation/load with CMUCL 19

Paolo Amoroso amoroso at mclink.it
Sun Jun 5 19:22:24 UTC 2005

The fix I suggested for this resolved CLIM Listener bug:

  Package lock errors when compiling/loading with CMUCL 19 or later
  http://mcclim.cliki.net/Bug#listener-cmucl-package-lock

was shortsighted.  I conditionalized package locking on feature cmu19a:

  #+cmu19a
  (progn (setf (ext:package-definition-lock (find-package "DEBUG")) nil)
         (setf (ext:package-definition-lock (find-package "COMMON-LISP")) nil)
         (setf (ext:package-definition-lock (find-package "EXT")) nil))

But compilation and loading of the Listener fail again with CMUCL
Snapshot (19B) 2005-06, which is the first in the 19b series.  A short
term fix may be to conditionalize on just cmu19.

Paolo
--
Lisp Propulsion Laboratory log - http://www.paoloamoroso.it/log