[mcclim-devel] pointer protocol class / standard-pointer

Christophe Rhodes csr21 at cam.ac.uk
Wed Jun 15 18:38:50 UTC 2005

Duncan Rose <duncan at robotcat.demon.co.uk> writes:

> On Wednesday, June 15, 2005, at 10:18  am, Christophe Rhodes wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> At present, it's only possible to have one backend loaded at once,
>
> As an aside; I was able to load and execute Listeners running in both
> the CLX and Beagle backends without observing problems prior to this
> change, so it's certainly possible to have multiple backends loaded at
> once. OTOH maybe I was just lucky.

I think it's (partly?) because your beagle
synthesize-pointer-motion-event method is not specialized; in
addition, I was misleading or insufficiently specific in my
description.  The failure mode I was seeing was that an attempt to use
a CLX-backend menu would give an error message about no applicable
methods for synthesize-pointer-motion-event given a STANDARD-POINTER.

Thanks,

Christophe