[mcclim-devel] pointer protocol class / standard-pointer

duncan at robotcat.demon.co.uk duncan at robotcat.demon.co.uk
Wed Jun 15 11:02:56 UTC 2005

csr21 at cam.ac.uk wrote:
> Hi,
> At present, it's only possible to have one backend loaded at once,
> because STANDARD-POINTER is defined per-backend.  This can't be right,
> can it?  On the other hand, the attached is my 'solution' (for the CLX

I recall finding this a little odd when I started Beagle; but I (obviously)
didn't fix it back then (or since).

> backend; I haven't tried fiddling with Beagle, but this also works for
> my in-development Null backend), and I'm not wild about it.
> Still.  Any opinions?

I can't see any problems with this wrt Beagle. My only opinion is that
'pointer-cursor' should perhaps be a slot in standard-pointer, or just
a vanilla GF with a 'warn: unimplemented for type standard-pointer' and
the back ends add methods accordingly.

-Duncan