[mcclim-devel] postscript streams

Christophe Rhodes csr21 at cam.ac.uk
Thu Jul 28 14:30:16 UTC 2005

Christophe Rhodes <csr21 at cam.ac.uk> writes:

> Does it make sense to consider a request to include
> updating-output-stream-mixin in the superclasses of postscript-stream
> (in Backends/Postscript/class.lisp)?  We have an application which
> uses updating-output for incremental redisplay, but we would also like
> to be able to use the same drawing functions (and the same drawing
> logic, more importantly) without having to implement it twice, once
> for updating-output streams and once for postscript streams.

Maybe a better implementation would make updating-output-stream-mixin
a superclass of output-recording-stream?  The clim spec says for
UPDATING-OUTPUT

  The stream argument is not evaluated, and must be a symbol that is
  bound to an output recording stream.

but at the moment postscript-stream is an output-recording-stream but
errors when I call updating-output on it.

Cheers,

Christophe