[mcclim-devel] Re: No scrolling in interactor pane

Raymond Toy rtoy at earthlink.net
Sat Jul 2 23:19:59 UTC 2005

Timothy Moore wrote:

> On Jul 2, 2005, at 10:46 PM, Raymond Toy wrote:

[snip]
> This is annoying. If you're outputing a stream of expressions, like in a
> listener, you could try a call to fresh-line after each one. Otherwise

What I do is move the stream cursor somewhere, then write-char one or
more characters, then move the cursor somewhere else and write-char some
more.

I don't really know where to put a fresh-line.

> You can try code like:
>
> (defclass redisplay-frame-mixin ()
>   ())
>
> (defmethod redisplay-frame-pane :after
>     ((frame redisplay-frame-mixin) (pane application-pane) &key force-p)
>   (declare (ignore force-p))
>   (change-space-requirements
>    pane :height (bounding-rectangle-height (stream-output-history pane))))

Thanks, this helps a lot!  The output now causes the window to scroll.
That's good.  But the prompt refuses to go past the (original) bottom of
the window, so all prompts are eventually on top of each other, as well
as the input.

The prompt is just princ some string to *standard-output*.

Thanks for your help!

Ray