[mcclim-devel] No scrolling in interactor pane

Raymond Toy rtoy at earthlink.net
Sat Jul 2 20:46:56 UTC 2005

I've been playing around a bit over the last few days and have kind of
hooked up maxima with mcclim, basically cargo-culting the listener app.
  The basic interaction works, and the computed expressions are
displayed correctly.  (Some random screenshots can be found at
http://common-lisp.net/~rtoy.  In particular, maxima-repl-boxed.png
shows what the subexpressions should be.)

In this case, the output is computed as a string by maxima, and that is
printed to the mcclim's *standard-output*.

However, to be able to present subexpressions (eventually), I changed
the way output is done.  I use maxima's capabilities of drawing to a
terminal with cursor positioning and thus set the stream-cursor-position
as needed.

This also works.  Until I reach the bottom of the interactor pane.  The
pane never scrolls down and the prompt keeps getting overwritten.

I'm obviously missing something, but I don't know what.
Anyone have some hints for this clim newbie?

Ray
P.S. A current very hackish version of the code is available at
common-lisp.net/~rtoy/maxima-repl-2005-07-02.lisp.