[mcclim-devel] Customizing interactor panes

Peter Scott sketerpot at gmail.com
Thu Jan 27 20:52:25 UTC 2005

I'm writing a GUI for a chemistry program with McCLIM. My problem is
that I want the user to be able to type commands into the interactor
pane in a special syntax, which I have written a parser for. For
example, typing "Krypton" should call the Inspect Element command on
the element called "Krypton". Typing "12 g C H4" should display how
many moles of methane there are in 12 g. There's more like that, but I
have the code to handle it all written---except for the code that
hooks it into an interactor pane.

There's a way of getting an interactor pane to differentiate between
commands and s-expressions, for use in a listener, so I think that
what I want is possible. Can anybody tell me how?

-Peter